In the interests of safety, visitors to the premises have a duty to comply with our health and safety policy, procedures and safe working practices. All visitors must enter their details on arrival, signing to acknowledge these rules have been read and understood. Please ask reception if you require any further assistance.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas in accordance with visitor parking arrangements.
- Please ensure that your vehicle does not obstruct access routes for emergency services and/or emergency exits.
- If in doubt please ask the person you are visiting.
- Visitors are requested to wait in reception until they are collected.
- Visitors should not pass beyond reception unless accompanied or have previously been authorised to do so.
Health and safety
- Personal protective equipment and/or clothing may be provided for your protection, please follow instructions for use.
- Please do not enter any area of the premises unless you have permission from authorised personnel.
- Accidents to visitors must be reported to the management or reception without delay.
- In the event of a fire please follow the company’s evacuation procedure as detailed on the fire notices posted around the building.
- No smoking is permitted within these premises.
- Authorised personnel must grant permission before any article is removed from the premises.
The management operates a “spot check” system for searching visitors’ bags and vehicles, please comply with any reasonable request.
PLEASE HAVE A SAFE VISIT
- To assure smooth operations on our premises it is necessary to read the information in this policy prior to working on site. The contractor and its employees are required to sign this form.
- The rules set out in this policy must be complied with under all circumstances, which is in yours and our employees’ best interest.
- This policy applies to all manufacturing areas as well as to plant maintenance, office areas, storage and plant premises.
No smoking or consumption of alcohol
- A general ban on smoking and consumption of alcohol is in effect for the entire plant premises. Only designated smoking areas are exempt from the smoking ban.
- Employees suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will be expelled from the premises. Contractors and their employers will be informed accordingly.
- In case of accidents you may use our first aid facilities. M-CNC first aid representatives are located on the notice board in reception.
- Report all work accidents of your employees to us. Irrespective of this notification, you will additionally have to comply with all statutory reporting requirements.
Safety precautions / facilities
- All signs with rules, bans or warnings must be observed, and must not be removed or obscured.
- Escape routes and emergency doors are marked and must be kept clear at all times. Markings must not be removed or obscured.Firefighting equipment such as fire extinguishers etc. must be kept clear at all times
- Respective informational signs must not be covered or made unusable in any other way. Any damage must be reported immediately.
When a warning signal (siren/horn) is sounded, e.g. in case of fire, you must immediately leave the building while warning people in adjacent areas or helping persons with disabilities. Go to the designated assembly points (location front car park).
- When carrying out your contract work you and your employees are required to comply with all occupational health & safety, environmental protection and accident prevention rules and regulations provided for by law or the relevant occupational/trade associations.
- DO NOT discharge anything to drains and/or sewers without the prior approval from the environmental manager.
- Spills and other releases to the environment must be immediately reported to the environmental manager. A spill kit is available to the front of the building to prevent the spread of hazardous liquid.
- Immediately notify the environmental manager of any abnormal conditions found during work.
- If M-CNC personnel are required to work with potential hazardous materials brought on-site by a contractor, prior approval by the environmental manager is required.
- Suppliers / Contractors shall minimize the efforts of noise, order, light, fugitive dust emissions, and traffic movement on and/or adjacent to the premises.
- Suppliers / Contractors shall obtain, prior to commencing work, all necessary environmental approvals or permits and present copies of such permits to the environmental manager.
- The Suppliers / Contractors understand that the facility may interrupt Supplier / Contractor activities that violate policies and/or all legal requirements.
Personal protective gear
If the planned work requires the use or wearing of personal protective gear the contractor must provide such gear in sufficient supply to its employees. The contractor’s employees are required to wear or use such personal protective gear according to its intended purpose.
Any waste materials generated must be properly disposed of. Any general waste (packing materials, cardboard, paper) generated by the contractor can be disposed of in our bins. Any waste which needs specialised disposal must be disposed of by the contractor.
- Sign-in and out on the iPad whenever you leave or return to the premises.
- Sign out at the end of each day.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas of the plant premises as a matter of principle. If there is insufficient parking to the front of the building, then please use the rear.
- Fire brigade access routes must be kept clear
When you sign in you are confirming that you have read and understood M-CNC Lt’s requirements.
M-CNC Ltd Environmental Manager is Daniel Peters, extension 202.
If unavailable, please contact Yan Lamberti in Reception, extension 200.