Due to continued demand for our First-Class Precision machining services. M-CNC Ltd are recruiting for an experienced Quality Inspector to join our team at our modern Bridgwater Facility.
If you are a team player who wants to use the latest technologies in Metrology, within a clean and modern environment with a dynamic company with ambitious growth plans, we want to hear from you.
You must have a “can do-positive attitude”, be able to read engineering drawings, be familiar with modern manufacturing inspection equipment such as Co-Ordinate Measuring Machines, be proficient with digital and analogue measuring equipment such as micrometers and Vernier callipers. Understand the importance of Quality management systems such as ISO9001 and why they are implemented. Use software to record data to produce F.A.I.R and I.S.A.R reports.
A knowledge of AS9100 RevD and Aberlink software will be a distinct advantage.
Reports to: Production and Quality Systems Manager
Business Systems Process User of: SPR-04, SPR-05, SPR-06, SPR-07, SPR-08, SPR-09, SPR-15
- Ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
- Provide quality function input to planning new jobs (ISIR – FAIRs)
- Provide quality function support to production.
- Proactively respond to internal and external quality related issues (non-conformance investigations) with any measuring/inspection requirements.
Main Purpose and Scope of Job
The Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring a safe and compliant workplace and follows company HS&E policies.
Within production the Quality Inspector is responsible for issuing inspection documentation, managing non-conformances, ISIRs, FAIRs, final inspection and sub-contracted operation quality.
Statement of Accountabilities
Maintain the business
- Represent the company professionally at all times and create an impression of M-CNC inline with the company mission statement
- Operate as an effective member of the team and follow the companies AS 9100 processes
Improve the business
- Improve shop floor workplace design and organization
- Develop FAIR’s reporting software
- Continuously improve any inspection related processes
Knowledge and Experience Required
Delegation, dealing with conflict, influence others, lean manufacturing knowledge, problem solving, persuasion, communication skills, research, motivating others, planning, professionalism, customer quality expectations, product appreciation, decision making
Training Courses Required
- Relevant terms and conditions
- Javelin MRP
- Company HSE policy
- Company AS 9100 standards
- M-CNC product and capability awareness
- Specific inspection methods for measuring
This job description is not exhaustive. The company expects employees to be flexible in their approach and to undertake reasonable extra duties that may be required.