CNC Lathe Operator
Due to continued demand for our First-Class Precision machining services. M-CNC Ltd are recruiting for an experienced CNC Lathe operator to join our team at our modern Bridgwater Facility.
If you are a team player who wants to use the latest technologies in machining, within a clean and modern environment with a dynamic company with ambitious growth plans, we want to hear from you.
You must have a “can do-positive attitude”, be familiar with Fanuc controls, be able to adjust offsets and use measuring equipment such as micrometers and Vernier callipers to maintain accuracy and quality of parts being produced.
A knowledge of setting tools, automatic bar-feeds and the ability to set machines unaided will be a distinct advantage.
Reports to: Supervisor (Milling or Turning)
Business Systems Process User of: SPR-05, SPR-07, SPR-09, SPR-15
- Ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
- Operate machinery to the highest standards to produce a quality product.
- Work with programmer/setter and other team member to fulfill customer orders.
- Actively suggests improvement opportunities with respect to working methods.
Main Purpose and Scope of Job
The Operator is responsible for ensuring a safe and compliant workplace and that their operations team follows company HSE and Quality policies.
The operator must adhere to work instructions at all times.
It is within the operator’s role to fully understand the drawing provided and be able to competently use the required measuring equipment and produce good quality parts whilst maintaining nominal sizes.
The Operator is responsible for maintaining and operating machinery and the efficient running of production. Be reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. Have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
Statement of Accountabilities
Maintain the business
- Represent the company professionally at all times and create an impression of M-CNC in line with the company mission statement
- Operate as an effective member of the team and follow the companies AS 9100 processes
- Maintain machinery and complete check sheets
- General housekeeping of machine and area as per 5S standard
Improve the business
- Maintain data integrity of jobs
- Improve shop floor workplace design and organisation
- Support a continuous improvement programme
Knowledge and Experience Required
Lean manufacturing knowledge, Communication skills, Basic product and tooling awareness, Professionalism, Customer quality expectations.
- Relevant terms and conditions
- Company HSE policy
- Company AS 9100 standards
- M-CNC product and capability awareness
- First Aid if appropriate
- Machine specific operating methods
This job description is not exhaustive. The company expects employees to be flexible in their approach and to undertake reasonable extra duties that may be required.