Job Type: Full-time (hours are negotiable)
Salary: £11.30- £13.60 per hour, depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Officer to join our rapidly growing company. This role is full time and will focus on finance administration to support the day-to-day finance operations and assist with the build and implementation of our new MRP system Syspro. You will be working closely with the Managing Director and our Operations Team.
To succeed in this role, you will be a self-starter who is proactive, professional and has a solution focussed approach. Good communication skills are a must with the ability to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a greater focus on excel. You will be involved in implementing a new finance system, therefore having the experience in the use of SYSPRO software would be an advantage. Training can however be provided.
As a Finance Officer you will be responsible for:
- Processing supplier invoices
- Matching invoices against purchase orders
- Payment run collating
- Possible purchasing assistant
- Invoicing customers
- Cash flow forecasting
- Bank reconciliations
- Ledger reconciliations
- Inbox monitoring
- Sales order creation
- Analysing production costs and recommending changes
- Reviewing financial records for accuracy
- Monitoring financial transactions
- Reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Compiling spreadsheets, reports, and statements
- Record and verify employee hours and pay
- Performing administrative tasks such as filing, answering phone calls, emails etc.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- A diploma-level qualification in finance or accounting is required at a minimum
- Experience of working in a dynamic finance function
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to clearly communicate your findings verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce work to a high level of quality
- Effectively manage own workload, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Accountancy/finance degree or equivalent desirable
- Syspro/other ERP experience desirable
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Evidence of self-development and learning from feedback
- An interest in finance
This job description is not exhaustive. The company expects employees to be flexible in their approach and to undertake reasonable extra duties that may be required.