5-Axis CNC Miller
Due to continued demand for our First-Class Precision machining services. M-CNC Ltd are recruiting for an experienced 5-axis CNC Miller to join our team at our modern Bridgwater Facility.
If you are a team player who wants to use the latest technologies in machining, cad/cam and Inspection in a clean and modern environment with a dynamic company with ambitious growth plans, we want to hear from you.
You must have a “can do-positive attitude”, be time served with 5 years programming and machining experience utilising Hypermill software, a knowledge of latest tooling, cutting strategies and workholding methods to compliment modern 5-axis “one-hit” machining.
Other skills such as cnc turning and wire eroding will be a key advantage.
Reports to: Senior Milling or Turning engineers
Business Systems Process User of: SPR-05, SPR-07, SPR-09, SPR-15
- Ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
- Set up using appropriate standards on any machine to ensure quality product (right first time).
- Use CAD/CAM where necessary to assist with programming of machines.
- Actively suggests improvement opportunities with respect to setting methods or programming techniques.
Main Purpose and Scope of Job
The programmer/setter is responsible for ensuring a safe and compliant workplace and follow company HSE and quality policies.
The programmer/setter must adhere to work instructions at all times.
It is within the programmer and setter’s role to fully understand the drawing provided and be able to competently and safely set the machine using the appropriate tooling, speeds/feeds and work holding equipment. They must produce a program that is in line with M-CNC’s methods and one that is safe and proven in full for any operator to run.
The programmer/setter is responsible for maintaining and operating machinery and the efficient running of production. They must be reliable, able to work with attention to detail and safety standards and have a willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The programmer/setter is responsible for carrying out their duties and being proactive in looking for opportunities to improve methods and working practices.
Statement of Accountabilities
Maintain the business
- Represent the company professionally at all times and create an impression of M-CNC in line with the company mission statement
- Operate as an effective member of the team and follow the companies AS 9100 processes
- Maintain safe working practice to avoid collisions or damage to machinery or tooling
- Maintain machinery and complete check sheets
- Report any defective equipment or maintenance requirements to the appropriate supervisor
- Perform general housekeeping of the machine and area as per 5S standard
Improve the business
- Maintain data integrity of jobs
- Improve shop floor workplace design and organisation
- Support a continuous improvement programme
- Recognise tooling/work holding improvements
Knowledge and Experience Required
Lean manufacturing, workflow knowledge, problem solving, communication skills, tooling /work holding knowledge, professionalism, customer quality expectations.
- Relevant terms and conditions
- Company HSE policy
- Company AS 9100 standards
- M-CNC product and capability awareness
- First Aid if appropriate
- Machine specific operating methods
- Programming-Fanuc-Siemens-DMG Mori
- Hypermill/EdgeCam CAM software
- SolidWorks CAD software
This job description is not exhaustive. The company expects employees to be flexible in their approach and to undertake reasonable extra duties that may be required.